Part-time Non-degree Seeking Student
Part-time non-degree seeking students are not eligible to earn a degree through this admission status. Non-degree seeking students may take a maximum of 9 credit hours per semester. Applicants may apply to be part-time non-degree seeking students if they are not enrolled on a track at BYU-Idaho and meet any of the following criteria:
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree or higher
- 25 years of age or older
- Single parent
* If you have previously been denied to BYU-Idaho for not meeting academic requirements, you will not qualify for admission as a Non-Matriculating or Continuing Education student until you can demonstrate that you have met the minimum academic requirement held for full-time status. See our application requirements page for more information.
Non-degree seeking students are required to enroll each semester (excluding Summer Session) with no break. If a student does not enroll in any courses in a semester while on Non-Matriculating status, their admission will be dropped and they will be required to reapply if they desire to come back to BYU-Idaho.
Required Application Materials
- Part 1 Student Information
- Part 2 School Selection
- Part 3 Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- $35 Application Fee (if applicant has never applied to Ricks College or BYU-Idaho.)
Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.
Deadlines and Processing:
There are no deadlines for non-degree seeking applicants. Admission decisions for non-degree seeking applicants are usually available within one week of submitting the application. Students interested in priority registration are encouraged to consider applying for full-time status. Please ensure all application materials are received in the Admissions office at least one week prior to the desired registration date.
Ready to apply? Visit BeSmart.com to start your application.