Be sure to start SIX months before the deadline!
- Begin Application
This can be done online at: http://www.besmart.com
- Complete Application
Submit application before the following deadlines:
- *Priority Spring and Fall: December 01
- Spring and Fall Semesters: February 01
- Winter Semester: October 01
*Applicants who submit a complete application by Dec. 1 are eligible for additional consideration.
- Application Processing
Your application will be processed and a decision made within 4-6 weeks.
Pay your deposit. For more information on the deposit please see the Finances page.
- Mail I-20 Document
We will send you your immigration form I-20. This form is used to apply for your F-1 visa and to enter the country.
- Pay SEVIS I901 Fee
I-901 online at www.fmjfee.com and pay the USD $200 fee at least 3 days prior your visa appointment or arriving at the U.S. border (Canadians).
- Go to U.S. Embassy for F-1 VISA
- You will have to schedule an appointment with the U.S. Embassy to receive your F-1 Visa.
- Take the I-901 Receipt of payment with you.
- Canadians do not need to apply for a visa, it is waived at the border
- Arrive at School
You may enter the U.S. a maximum of 30 days prior the start of school as listed in part 5 on page one of your I-20.
Be sure to check in with International Services within two weeks of the start of school.