The Fast Grad program offers students the opportunity to graduate more quickly by attending BYU-Idaho year-round. Fast Grad applicants should be able to demonstrate that they are making the most of their time at BYU-Idaho in order to graduate quickly. Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to contact the Admissions Office to discuss their eligibility for Fast Grad:
- The student must be a full-time BYU-Idaho student admitted to one of the three tracks
- The student should have earned at least 50 credits prior to applying for Fast Grad
- The student should have attended both of their preceding on-track semesters at BYU-Idaho
- The student should have and maintain a minimum 2.8 college GPA
- The student must have a current approved Grad Plan on file with the Academic Advising
A Fast Grad override (permission to attend your off-track semester) is only given for one semester at a time. Students must receive approval for each off-track semester they desire to attend before they can register. Approval for one Fast Grad override does not guarantee approval for additional future overrides.
To apply for Fast Grad, please visit the Admissions Office in Kimball 120, call (208) 496-1300, or email email@example.com. Remember that you must have an approved Grad Plan before you can receive a Fast Grad override. For help preparing or reviewing your Grad Plan, contact the Satellite Academic Advising that supervises your major. A directory of these centers and the majors they assist is found at http://www.byui.edu/advising/academic-advising.
*Note: Due to course demands and resource limitations, Psychology majors are not currently eligible for Fast Grad.