Spouse of Intern Deferment
The Spouse of Intern Deferment is used to help students defer a semester when an internship of a spouse prevents attendance during an assigned semester. The deferment also provides the opportunity to receive an override for the next off-track semester to allow the spouse of the intern to not fall behind in their graduation plans.
Conditions & Qualifications:
- Students must be admitted to, and have attended, their first semester at BYU-Idaho.
- This deferment is for one semester only. Following the deferred semester, students must re-enroll at the university for the next available semester of their assigned track.
- Deferments of any kind may not be used in consecutive semesters.
- Students cannot defer if they are academically suspended, have an Honor Code restriction, or did not attend their previous on-track semester.
- Students must have a current ecclesiastical endorsement on file with the Student Honor Office in order to defer.
- Students who plan to interrupt their studies for more than one semester should contact the Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 to discuss enrollment options.
Instructions to the Applicant:
- Fill out the Spouse of Intern Deferment Form and submit it to the following offices to be reviewed and signed: Accounting -130 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1931 and Student Financial Aid-100 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1600. Note: International Students must contact International Services prior to filling out this form-120 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1320.
- If you are currently registered for classes in the semester you want to defer, do not drop your classes. If approved, this deferment will result in all your classes being dropped forthe deferred semester, effective the date the form is submitted to the Admissions Office.
- Please be aware that you will need to have a current ecclesiastical endorsement in order to register for the next semester of your track. We encourage you to contact the Student Honor Office at (208) 496--9300 to find out when your current endorsement will expire.
- You will be notified by email when a decision has been made.
- Deadline: The last day to withdraw from school and receive "W" grades and not the grades earned. For specific dates, please see the academic deadlines at www.byui.edu/srr.
Click here to print Spouse of Intern Deferment form