Are you planning to serve a mission? BYU-Idaho is ready to help. Simply click here to print the missionary deferment form. Fill out the form and return it, along with a copy of your mission call, to:
BYU-Idaho Admissions Office
120 Kimball Building
Rexburg, ID 83460-1615
1. Save your place at the university so you won't have to reapply after completing your missionary service.
2. Make sure any BYU-Idaho scholarships you've been awarded will still be yours when you come back to school.
3. Help you attend BYU-Idaho as soon as possible after your return even if it is on an off-track semester through the Returning Missionary Program.
Conditions & Qualifications:
- Student must be admitted to BYU-Idaho and accept their admission offer.
- Students must re-enroll at the university for the next available semester of their assigned track following their mission. (Online degree students should enroll in the first available semester after their return.)
- Students cannot defer if they have Honor Code restrictions.
- Students must complete a full mission as stated on mission call. (Prior to your return we will contact the mission president for an ecclesiastical endorsement.)
Instructions to the Applicant:
- Submit a copy of your mission call along with the LDS Missionary Admission Deferment Form to the Admissions Office prior to entering the MTC.
- If you are currently registered for classes in the semester you want to defer, do not drop your classes. If approved, this deferment will result in all your classes being dropped for the deferred semester, effective the date the form is submitted to the Admissions Office.
- If you are currently attending BYU-Idaho, check with the following offices to ensure there are no outstanding issues: Student Financial Aid-100 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1600 and Accounting/Bursar's-130 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1931. Note: International Students must contact International Services prior to filling out this form-120 Kimball Building, (208) 496-1320
- You will receive a confirmation of your deferment through your campus email account.
Q: If I want to attend BYU-Idaho, do I need to apply and be admitted before I go on a mission?
A: We encourage students to apply now at www.besmart.com. You can arrange for a deferment as soon as you're admitted. You don't have to attend BYU-Idaho before you go on a mission. Simply submit a deferment and we will hold your spot. Contact the BYU-Idaho Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 for help.
Q: My mission entry date conflicts with my BYU-Idaho arrival date. What do I do?
A: Don't worry about the timing of your arrival on campus. Contact the Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 and we will help you.