Are you planning to serve a mission? BYU-Idaho is ready to help. Simply click here to complete the LDS Missionary Deferment Form online.
1. Save your place at the university so you won't have to reapply after completing your missionary service.
2. Make sure any BYU-Idaho scholarships you've been awarded will still be yours when you come back to school.
3. Help you attend BYU-Idaho as soon as possible after your return even if it is on an off-track semester through the Returning Missionary Program.
Conditions & Qualifications:
- Student must be admitted to BYU-Idaho and accept their admission offer.
- Students must re-enroll at the university for the next available semester of their assigned track following their mission. (Online degree students should enroll in the first available semester after their return.)
- Students cannot defer if they have Honor Code restrictions.
- Students must complete a full mission as stated on mission call. (Prior to your return we will contact the mission president for an ecclesiastical endorsement.)
Instructions to the Applicant:
- Complete the online LDS Missionary Admission Deferment Form prior to entering the MTC.
- If you are currently registered for classes in the semester you want to defer, do not drop your classes until instructed to do so in the deferment process. When you drop your classes, remember to select the option that indicates you plan to re-enroll. This will allow you to complete the deferment process correctly.
- You will receive a confirmation of your deferment through your campus email account.
Q: I'm planning on going on a mission, but I don't know when I'll be leaving. What if my entry date falls during an on-track semester? What should I do?
A: We recognize every situation is different. Contact the Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 and we will help you.
Q: My mission entry date conflicts with my BYU-Idaho arrival date. What do I do?
A: Don't worry about the timing of your arrival on campus. Contact the Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 and we will help you.