participate. volunteer. lead.
Talent Activities provides opportunities for students to explore the arts as they discover, develop and share their talents.
Do you want to learn a new talent? We have just the workshop for you! Attend one of our weekly student-led, free workshops and see what hidden talents you might discover. Click on the event to see time and days held. See you there!
Want to be in one of the shows? Sign up here for an audition time.
Click on the show name to access the GoogleDoc auditions sign-up sheet.
Battle of the Dance
I-Cover - The Big Rock Show
Last Voice Standing
Best of Show
Academy of Comedy - Improv Comedy Show
The Humor Code - Sketch Comedy Show
Jokers Krewe - Stand Up Comedy Show
Sign-up sheets for auditions are also accessible on the Talent Facebook page under each specific event.
We'd love to have you perform in our shows! Here's a quick look at the guidelines for participating.
3. Each individual can audition and perform only once in a show. (Persons can only be in one group.)
4. Every member of the group must be at the audition in order to perform in the event.
5. If selected, performers must use the act with which they auditioned.
6. Lyrics may not be altered on any cover song to replace an inappropriate word.
7. A song with inappropriate lyrics or content, regardless of whether that part of the song is used or if it is instrumental, will not be allowed! This includes mash-ups. Songs should be BYU-Idaho honor code appropriate. As to the appropriateness of your content, please use the For the Strength of the Youth pamphlet as your guide. The appropriateness of your lyrics and song will be subject to the discretion of the judges. Get approval from the Manager prior to auditions!
8. All performers should comply with BYU-I classroom dress and grooming standards. Hats will only be allowed as part of a costume in a themed show. No full face painting or masks.
9. No suggestive moves or kissing on stage.
10. Performance clothes should be worn at sound checks the day of the performance.
11. Electric guitars are acceptable for most shows, but must hook into house system. Individual amplifiers are not allowed except in certain circumstances. Can use reverb, chorus, distortion pedals appropriately.
12. Performer should arrive at auditions with signed Rule Sheets and Information Sheets filled out. Arriving late may cause performers to forfeit their audition. For special needs or time changes, please work with the event Manager.
13. If selected, at least one representative from each act needs to attend a mandatory performer's meeting prior to the show in order to perform in the show.
14. All performers must attend sound checks, which will be scheduled within two - three hours prior to the performance.
Propose a New Activity
Think you have a great idea? Propose it and be a Manager over the event.
Have a great idea? Make it a reality.
If you would like help writing your proposal, you can contact a Student Leader or Advisor.
Once you submit your proposal, it will go to the appropriate Student Leader or Advisor for review.
Step #2: Present
After initial review the Student Leader or Advisor may invite you to present your idea to the Student Activities Council.
The Student Activities Council will hear your proposal and address any concerns. If your idea is not approved, you will need to modify it and present it to the council again.
Step #3: Implement
Once your idea is approved, the real work begins. You will then work with Student Leaders to implement your idea.
Ready to begin? Sumbit your New Idea here!
Tickets sell out fast for all of our shows. Buy your tickets in advance to avoid long lines at the door.
Hart Advertising Requirements
Promote your campus group or business at the show in the Hart Auditorium.
Download the Hart Show Commercial Submission Agreement - HERE