Rule 1: Players
Rule 1: Players
- Each team shall consist of five (5) players on the field, however, a team may begin with as few as four (4). The maximum number of players allowed on each team shall be nine (9) with at least one (1) player of each gender.
- Ward Team Exception: The maximum number of players allowed on ward teams shall be twelve (12) with at least one (1) player of each gender.
- One player of each gender is required to be on the court at all times.
- All players must check in using a valid photo ID.
- If during a game a team has fewer than four (4) eligible players due to ejection, the game shall be terminated.
- If during a game a team has fewer than four (4) eligible players due to injury, the game may continue at the official's discretion.
- Competitive Athlete Rule: A student is considered a "competitive player" if they are currently participating in the Competitive Sports Program.
- Beginner: No competitive players allowed in this league.
- Intermediate: One (1) competitive player allowed in this league.
- Advanced: Two (2) competitive players allowed in this league. Substituting may occur anytime during the game on the fly.
- Substitutes shall go to their team entry position and cannot enter the game until the player they are replacing is completely off of the field.
- A player who receives a yellow card must be substituted.
- A player that is bleeding must be substituted from the game.
- Goalkeeper may be changed on the fly as well except in the case that the substitution occurs between the goalkeeper and one of the players already in play on the court. In that case the official must be informed of substitution and the change must be made during a stoppage in play.