Battleship Coed Rules
Rule 1: Players
Roster cap of 6 players
· Maximum of 4 players with 2 of each gender per canoe.
· Minimum of 2 players with at least 1 of each gender to avoid forfeit.
All participants must wear BYU-Idaho issue or approved personal swim attire.
· If a player is clearly in violation of the BYU-Idaho Dress and Grooming standards, they will not be allowed to play. As soon as the problem is taken care of, they are then eligible to play.
· If a person is border-line, by the games management's judgment, they will receive a warning that will be recorded on the team roster. Boys, Trunks. Girls, One-piece
Rule 2: Games
The object of the game is to use buckets to fill up the other team's canoes with water and sink them.
· Games will consist of three 15 minute rounds.
· Teams are awarded points according to the order in which their canoe sank.
· If more than one team is still floating when the round ends, they will each get the same amount of points based upon how many have been sunk already
· Rounds start with ten teams in the pool
· When 5 teams remain, the boundaries will be reduced to half of the pool.
· Each player will be armed with a bucket or a shield, and NOTHING more.
o Each player will supply his or her own bucket or shield
o All objects used as buckets must have rounded edges (no cut-up laundry detergent containers).
· Players may use the walls of the pool to propel their canoe through the pool but must keep the canoe from touching the wall deliberately or for a prolonged period of time.
· NO ONE is allowed to bail water out of their own canoe or anyone else's canoe.
· Once a canoe has been sunk, the players must get their canoe out of the pool and then exit the pool themselves. Do not interfere with the play of others during this time
· Teams may not ram into other canoes or hold onto the edges of the pool
· If anyone is not following the rules their team is disqualified for the round
Rule 3: Point System
· First sunk = 1 point
· Second sunk = 2 points
· Third sunk = 3 points
· Fourth sunk = 4 points
· Fifth sunk = 5 points
· Sixth sunk = 6 points
· Seventh sunk = 7 points
· Eighth sunk = 8 points
· Ninth sunk = 9 points
· Last one floating = 10 point
After the three rounds, team points will totaled and that will be your score for the night.
> Sport Rules Home
> Recreational Sports Home Page