*BYU-Idaho Hart Building/Fitness Center Dress Policy Ages 12-14 require parental supervisionChildren under 12 years of age are not allowedBabies and infants must be constrained in a car seat or stroller (cardio area only)No food or drinks other than waterNo needles or sharps of any kindPersonal equipment is not allowed in the Fitness CenterEquipment is not allowed to be taken out of the Fitness CenterDo not drop weights on non-platform surfacesRe-rack weights and return all equipment to its proper location after useUse end collars on free weightsUse a spotter for all lifts where you may need assistanceDo not move machines or lifting stationsLiquid chalk is permittedTurn off equipment when not in useDisinfect equipment after useReport any malfunctioning or damaged equipment to Fitness Center staffBe curteous to staff and other patronsThe use of any device to take a picture or video in the BYU-Idaho Fitness Center is an invasion of privacy and is prohibited. Anyone taking pictures or videos, or found to be posting pictures or videos taken in this facility, is subject to lose their privilege of using the BYU-Idaho Fitness Center.
*Hart Building/Fitness Center Dress Policy:
At BYU-Idaho approved exercise clothing is required for sports and fitness activities in the Hart Building, BYU-I Center, and Fitness Center. In order to use the recreational and fitness facilities please observe the following dress requirements:
- The BYU-Idaho approved exercise shorts, T-shirt or sweatshirt are required. This clothing is available in the University Store and is distinct from other clothing items. Approved exercise clothing should not be cut, torn or otherwise altered.
- If you prefer to wear exercise pants rather than shorts in our facilities, please observe the following:
- Sweat pants and other types of loose fitting exercise pants should have no writing on the rear.
- Other types of form fitting exercise or fitness pants (leggings, yoga pants, running tights, or similar) should be solid black in color (no patterns, designs, or writing).
- Pants are inappropriate if they are sheer, worn out, stretched thin or otherwise revealing. If your pants are revealing you will be asked by facilities staff to cover them with the BYU-I approved shorts, which can be provided if necessary
- Jeans and some other types of pants with rivets and exposed zippers damage the equipment and are not allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Clean closed toe athletic shoes are required.
Clothing can be purchased at the University Store or online Here. If you forget to bring approved clothing with you to campus, clothing will be available at the Hart Building Equipment Room for a $3 Fee. For more information on what BYU-Idaho Approved Clothing is please go Here.
With your help we can keep the Fitness Center clean and safe for all users.