participate. volunteer. lead.
5:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Exercise Clothing Policy
The approved exercise clothing is required when using the Hart Courts and Fitness Center and BYU-Idaho Courts and Track. These clothing items are available for purchase in the University Store located in the Manwaring Center (MC). If you forget to bring approved clothing with you to campus, you may rent clothing from the Hart Equipment Room for a $3 fee....
Hart Building/Fitness Center Dress Policy:
· The BYU-Idaho approved exercise shorts, T-shirt or sweatshirt are required. This clothing is available in the University Store and is distinct from other clothing items. Approved exercise clothing should not be cut, torn or otherwise altered.
· If you prefer to wear exercise pants rather than shorts in our facilities, please observe the following:
1. Sweat pants and other types of loose fitting exercise pants should have no writing on the rear.
2. Other types of form fitting exercise or fitness pants (leggings, yoga pants, running tights, or similar) should be solid black in color (no patterns, designs, or writing).
3. Pants are inappropriate if they are sheer, worn out, stretched too thin or otherwise revealing. If your pants are too revealing you will be asked by facilities staff to cover them with the BYU-I approved shorts, which can be provided if necessary.
4. Jeans and some other types of pants with rivets and exposed zippers damage the equipment and are not allowed in the fitness center.
The age requirement for children to wear approved clothing is 8 years old. Approved exercise clothing is not required for the swimming pool, but swim suits must follow the approved guidelines listed below:
Swim Suit Policy:
Swimmers may wear their own swim suits during open swim times according to the following policies:
All swimwear must be modest in coverage, style, and cut.
Fabrics and colors must not be transparent or revealing.
Women's suits must cover the stomach (swim shorts and shirts may be worn over your suit).
Men's suits must sit at the waist (No briefs).
All swimmers must check in at the Equipment Room (Hart 202).
Dress and grooming standards apply when using the Hart Building/BYU-Idaho Center. Brigham Young University-Idaho invites students to refer to For the Strength of Youth when choosing their swimsuit attire or any other attire. Specifically we are taught, "Never lower your dress standards for any occasion. Doing so sends the message that you are using your body to get attention and approval and that modesty is important only when it is convenient."
Equipment Checkout Policy
Revised: May 2015
Equipment Checkout Policies:
The Hart and BYUI-Center Equipment Rooms are fully stocked with all your recreational equipment needs. Equipment may be checked out for day-use only and must be returned no later than 11:30 p.m. that night. Late fees and replacement fees may be charged for equipment not returned. Equipment must be used in the Hart and BYUI-Center and may not be used in other buildings or for off-campus purposes unless given permission by Hart Management. Obedience to dress and grooming standards and a valid I-card are required for equipment check out. See the list below for available equipment....
Community Use Policy
Revised: October 7, 2013
Access to the exercise facilities is permitted for community members and visitors to BYU-Idaho for a fee of $6. This allows access to the exercise facilities with the exception of the Fitness Center. The community is allowed to use the indoor track in the morning without paying a fee from 5 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. At any other time the $6 day pass fee would need to be paid.