Create a Course - Single Section Linked to Blank Master
Review the advantages and cautions of this configuration to confirm it will meet your needs. Then select a tutorial format (bottom of screen) to guide you through the course creation process.
- All content, due dates and students can be managed within a single location: the section. The master can be hidden and does not need to be used. This reduces confusion about where your content is located.
- For a future semester, you can create a new master by copying the section, since it will contain all content created in either the master or the section.
- Content created in the section will not exist in the master. This is not a problem if you always work from the section.
- If content is created in the master, then modified in the section, any further changes must be made in the section. When content is created in a master, then modified in a section, the transmission of data from the master to the section no longer occurs for that specific content item. If you always work from your section, this will never be a problem.
- In future semesters, to create a new master, copy from the section, not the master.
Tutorials: Create a Course - Single Section Linked to Blank Master
After creating your course, it is recommended you establish your grading settings. You can select this option from the Faculty I-Learn Resource Home.