Note: This is a short-list of steps you need to take. The links in the menu at left will provide you with much more detail.
You should always visit with your Department Internship Coordinator before searching for a position, to ensure you understand all your department's guidelines, as specifics may vary by department.
Guidelines for internship registration:
- Find and secure an internship position.
- Fill out an Internship Approval form (under 'Experiential Learning') on Career Navigator.
- Print and take to your Faculty Coordinator OR save as a PDF document (from the 'Print' option) and email to your department coordinator for approval.
- The department coordinator will approve and forward the internship request to the ADC for final processing.
- Upon completion, the Academic Discovery Center will authorize you to register for the appropriate course. You will then receive TWO EMAILS with important information on registering the internship and completing all necessary activities to receive credit for it.
- Unless otherwise directed in the emails YOU will be responsible for registering for the course once authorized. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in lost credit.
- Begin working. Be sure to complete all syllabus assignments and all evaluations to ensure that you will receive credit for your internship.
Accessing the Internship Approval Form on Career Navigator:
- Go to Career Navigator.
- Log in with your NetID and password (that you use to log in to your My BYUI account).
- You may be asked to complete a few profile questions if you have never logged in to Career Navigator before.
- Click on "internships" in the Quick Links menu on the CN home page.
- Click on "add new", which will bring up the online form.
- Complete the form - all fields are required. (Avoid copying and pasting information from other websites into the form, which may disable the print function. If you must copy and paste - paste the info into "notepad" first to eliminate any hidden formatting, then paste it into the form.)
- Save the form. (If you don't know all the info, you can save it as a draft and finish it when you know all the information you need.)
- PRINT the form. You will need three copies - one for your records, one for your department to keep, and one to obtain signatures and bring to the ADC main office. Note: if you are not in Rexburg, when you click the "print" button, the form will appear in a pop-up window. You can save the form as a PDF to your computer, then attach it to an email to your department coordinator.
Complete instructions can be found on the additional pages in this site, as well as in this document.
Questions regarding this process may be directed to the ADC at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 208-496-9827.