The next Major Fair will be held May 8th, 2013 from 1pm-5pm in the Manwaring Center Ballrooms.
What do YOU want to do? Discover Endless Possibilities!
discover - ask questions - explore majors and careers
Brigham Young University-Idaho will host a Major Fair for all current and future college students from surrounding communities. Representatives will be available to answer questions regarding topics such as major selection, course options, and future careers.
The event is open to anyone, including parents, high school counselors, and even students who plan to attend a university besides BYU-Idaho.
All campus academic departments, Admissions, Student Financial Aid and Housing will be represented. Tours of campus will also be available throughout the afternoon.
Find answers to these questions at the fair:
- What is this major?
- What careers are available with this degree?
- What are the required courses for this major?
- What are the classes like?
- What are the class sizes?
- Do I need to apply to get into this major?
- Does this major require a minor?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into this major?
- Are some classes in your department open to non-majors?
- Which satellite advising center can I visit about this major? Where is it located?
- Does this program require/allow internship experience?
- Would you suggest volunteer experience as a means to gain more experience and skills in this field?
- What are the career prospects for graduates of your program?
- What occupations have BYU-I graduates obtained with this degree/major?
- In addition to academic coursework, how can I prepare myself for occupations utilizing this degree/major?
- Will a bachelor's degree in the major prepare me for an occupation in this field, or will I more than likely need to pursue graduate work?