The Career Workshop Series is a series of 6 workshops designed to help you achieve your career goals. The workshops are taught on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the semester. Get a schedule of the workshops.
- Discovering Your Future Career - identifying your strengths, goals and resources, writing power statements and "Me in 30 Seconds" statements
- Preparing For and Competing In the Job Market - understanding academic preparation, identifying technical and soft skills (including etiquette and online presence) necessary to present professional image
- Writing Resumes, Cover Letters & Other Professional Documents - communicating your value to employers, experience providers, and graduate schools through stellar documents, writing effective bullets
- Networking & Other Job Search Strategies - identifying effective job search skills and techniques, expanding and using your network, improving "Me in 30 Seconds" statements
- Interviewing & Accepting the Job Offer - mastering typical interview questions by using power statements, "Me in 30 Seconds" statements and STAR stories, dressing for credibility, accepting & negotiating an offer
- Succeeding in Your Internship, Grad School & Career - pursuing opportunities, working well & building relationships, understanding key resources, planning for ongoing professional development
Register for the Career Workshop Series using Career Navigator:
- Login to Career Navigator.
- Click on the 'Events' tab.
- Click on the 'Workshops' tab.
- Select the session you are interested in attending and click the 'RSVP' button to confirm. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your reservation.