This is only a sample of the BYU–Idaho Internship Master Agreement. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact the Academic Discovery Center for more information.
The BYU-Idaho Master Internship Agreement is designed to outline the responsibilities of the Student, the Experience Provider, and the University. The agreement need only be signed once by each company/organization, and covers all future interns once in place.
Click here to log in to Career Navigator to register and sign an Master Internship Agreement. (You may also contact our office to see if an agreement is already in place for your company/organization.)
Note: when registering in our database and agreeing to the terms, it will be done electronically and you will not receive a hard-copy of the agreement automatically. If you need a hard copy, please contact our internship office at email@example.com, or (208) 496-9827.
This document should not be copied to create a contract, as it is subject to change.
[HEADER INFORMATION WILL BE PLACED HERE ON ACTUAL DOCUMENT]
1. INTER-INSTITUTIONAL APPLICATION: In order to facilitate internship opportunities among the educational institutions, this Master Internship Agreement is intended to govern the relationship between the Experience Provider and each educational institution with respect to student interns from any of the educational institutions involved in an internship arrangement with the Experience Provider.
2. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- 2.1 An internship is a cooperative program between the educational institutions and approved Experience Providers. The Experience Providers provide supervision, facilities, and instruction which help students acquire the skills and knowledge needed in their chosen field of study or occupation.
- 2.2 This agreement is for the period agreed upon between the Experience Provider and the applicable educational institution.
- 2.3 This agreement may be terminated by an educational institution or the Experience Provider for good and sufficient cause by providing reasonable advance written notice to the other.
- 2.4 Neither party to this agreement agrees to indemnify the other party or hold harmless the other party from liability hereunder. However, if the common law or a statute provides for either a right to indemnity and/or a right to contribution to any party to this agreement, then the right to pursue one or both of these remedies is preserved.
3. THE STUDENT AGREES TO:
- 3.1 Comply with the Experience Provider’s policies and procedures.
- 3.2 Comply with the applicable educational institution’s dress and grooming standards and honor code.
- 3.3 Enroll as an academic internship student and perform the duties indicated unless released by the applicable educational institution and the Experience Provider.
- 3.4 Report serious problems, including safety and personnel problems, to the Internship Coordinator of the applicable educational institution and the Experience Provider.
- 3.5 Maintain personal health insurance or student health insurance.
- 3.6 Execute a separate Student Internship Agreement with the applicable educational institution agreeing to abide by the terms of this Agreement and to perform additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Student Internship Agreement.
4. THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDER AGREES TO:
- 4.1 Designate an intern supervisor who will serve as the liaison with the educational institutions and the student.
- 4.2 Involve the student for the entire period of the internship as agreed unless this agreement is terminated for cause (See 2.3 above.)
- 4.3 Give the student the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks to acquire and practice various skills.
- 4.4 Orient the student to the Experience Provider’s rules, policies, procedures, methods, and operations.
- 4.5 Evaluate the student’s performance and notify the applicable educational institution’s Internship Coordinator or Internship Office immediately, preferably by phone, of any cause of dissatisfaction with or of misconduct on the part of the student.
- 4.6 If applicable, pay the student the agreed upon rate of compensation for the term of the internship.
- 4.7 If applicable, provide Workers’ Compensation and/or other employment benefits to the student to the extent required by law.
- 4.8 Accept the primary responsibility for supervision and control of the student at the internship site.
5. EDUCATION INSTITUTION AGREES TO:
- 5.1 Designate an Internship Coordinator for each internship.
- 5.2 Ensure the Internship Coordinator contacts the student and Experience Provider, discusses the student’s progress, and advises relative to the program of study.
- 5.3 Ensure the Internship Coordinator strives to promote harmony and cooperation between the Experience Provider, the student, and the educational institution.
- 5.4 Provide liability insurance for the student to cover damage or harm caused by the student in the amount of $1,000,000 per student, per occurrence, $3,000,000 in the aggregate, when this agreement is signed and returned to the BYU-Idaho Internship Office.
6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this agreement.